Positano, Italy

Positano, Italy

Monday, February 01, 2010

Why Europe? Go Big or Go Home.

A little over a year ago I decided I needed a change - I needed to get out of Atlanta for a bit and experience a new city. I called my dad and told him I was going to move to New York. Rather than scoff at the idea, he took it up a notch. “If your goal is to get out of Atlanta for a year or so, go big or go home. What about Paris?”

Clearly the above isn’t verbatim, but you get the idea. And thus set into motion my plan to move abroad.

The original plan was to go to Paris for twelve months. However, as most of you know, I’m not big on planning in advance, and thus things have changed. As of now, I will spend my first two months in Positano, Italy (February 15 – April 15), then travel for a bit (Greece perhaps?) before settling in Paris May 1st… ish. Although, yesterday I was offered a house in Taupo, New Zealand for the month of May, so we’ll see…

Whatever happens, it will be a great 2010.

2 comments:

MaryT said...

Wahooo!! i am awaiting your latest post hooker!

Duc Bieu Pham, Photographer said...

GO BIG OR GO HOME!! Love it! :) If Positano doesn't work out, we may have to rendez-vous in Greece...and if not in Greece, definitely in my favorite city in the world...Paris. I also *have* been meaning to get down to Oz and NZ lately... ;)