Positano, Italy

Positano, Italy

Monday, February 22, 2010

A few photos

A few more reasons to love it here:

1. The Siesta Schedule : the entire town shuts down for two hours a day so people can leave work, go home, and take a nap and relax. Annoying for me as a tourist, but great for those working here.
2. Gelato. Enough said. I’ve become hooked.
3. Even when it’s gross outside and pouring down rain, the water is still an amazing shade of turquoise and beautiful to look at.

There was a parade yesterday for Carnival and the entire town was out for it. There were huge floats, Italian music blasting from them, and people dancing. The little kids all wore halloween costumes and were armed with silly string (some with shaving cream) and bags of confetti, and would squirt or throw it at any one who came near. Even the adults got into it, grabbing the cans of silly string from their kids and squirting one another with it.

The parade started at the top of the town and marched downhill to the town square, where I’d been told there was free pasta for everyone. I hung around there for awhile and then went down to my new favorite restaurant. I’ve been in a few times now and they know me. Mario - either the owner or the host - stands out front on the patio and always acts excited to see me and greats me with “Ciao Leigh! Beautiful girl! How are you today!” 

I probably should know the name of the place by now, but I don’t. The restaurant sits right on the water, and there are about five dogs that seem to live there and visit all the tables on the outside patio, begging for food. Of course I always give it to them.

When I finished lunch it started pouring, so I hid out in the gelato place for awhile. I think I had the cookies and creme one yesterday. I didn’t now what the word meant in Italian, but it was good.

Anyway - so yea, things are still good here. And finally, some photos! 

View of the city from my bus stop:















Priano, the next village over, taken from the beach.


On the beach with Priano in the background

2 comments:

Megan and Trevor Wilson said...

WOW! Your pics are SOOOOO beautiful! Thanks for sharing :)

P.S. So what's the best way to talk to you now that you've learned about internet and everything? Miss you!

Leigh said...

Hi! Probably email. It's up and running, but very slow. I have a phone now too if you're dying to call me! I'll send you the number.